Welcome To the FCAHPT, Ibadan
The Federal College of Animal Health and Production technology, Moore Plantation , Ibadan offers full and Part – time courses leading to National Diploma and Higher National Diploma qualifications. Through the kind of training we give our students, our graduates are expected to be skillful and competent enough to establish their own farms and businesses with little or no assistance.
It is important that we understand that the general Objective of this institution is to contribute to the development of Nigeria through training of human resources in the area of science and agriculture. Our Vision to be a world-class training institution in the area of science and modern agricultural development technology in a changing environment, and our mission To contribute to the development of Nigeria through training of qualitative manpower by adequate exposure to sound theoretical background, practical, farm and field demonstrations as well as knowledge capacity development for staff.
- To produce well trained and morally sound graduates to become self employed in the area of science and agriculture.
- To establish linkages and collaboration with order policy makers, research institutes and training institutions.
- Establish and manage modern standard livestock farms, veterinary clinics and diagnostic laboratories.
- To produce technicians capable of carrying out routine preventive measures and advisory services in livestock, fishery and crop production.
- To promote capacity building through outreach programmes, vocational training, continuous education among others in the area of science and agriculture.
- To promote youth development and empowerment opportunities through entrepreneurial and home economics activities.
The College currently admits students into eight programmes:
- Animal Health Technology
- Animal Production Technology
- Agricultural Extension and Management
- Animal Health and Production Technology
- Computer Science
- Fisheries Techonology
- Science Laboratory Technology
All these programmes are structured to meet national and international standards of middle-level man power development. The College website is all encompassing as it provides information that will guide the students throughout their stay in the College towards successful academic achievement. Also, it provides entry requirements and information on the range of courses that are available as well as specialized services that we offer in the College. However, student should note that they are to adhere strictly and comply with the College regulations and departmental rules as approved by the College tration. I look forward to attending your matriculation ceremony soonest.
Dr. Mrs. O. O. Adejinmi
B. Agric, M Sc., Phd.